Friday, February 10, 2012

I am new to 'blogging' so I hope you will bear with me while I learn this technology.  To start; I was dabbling with a paper mache process I used to use to make Easter Baskets.  Through trial and error, I realized I could make globes and light them with the new battery operated flicker lights they have now.  I started very basically with numerous paper prints that looked cool but were not conducive to the project because the flicker light would not show through as well.  I then tried using lighter, solid color sheets to create the moons and found that the final effect created a 'Moon' type glow.  I showed these to my sister who took an interest in them and asked me to make a dozen or more for her daughter's (my niece, Kaylee's :o) wedding coming up in April.  The wedding colors are black and red.  Considering that I could not make the moons out of those darker colors I set about making white moons and decorating them with red and black.  I realized, because it is an outside wedding, that the moons would need to be weighted down so I've used glass stones to add weight to the bottom.  I then took the idea a step further and started decorating clear glass to create candle holders.  I will post pictures in April of the set up at the wedding to give you a better idea of the finished decorative effect the moons and candle holders will have.

No comments:

Post a Comment